Coverage + Costs
Getting help from insurance for treatment.
mindfulSF does not contract directly with insurance companies but we do provide monthly billing receipts that you can forward to your insurance company should you desire to seek reimbursement. Many insurance companies will provide reimbursement for treatment provided by a licensed clinician. The amount that is covered varies, and we encourage you to check directly with your insurance company regarding reimbursement.
What are the advantages of working with an out-of-network provider?
Because insurance companies limit the size and scope of their network providers it can be difficult to find a local clinician who specializes in what you are seeking treatment for. Depending on the type of therapy you are seeking, providers who are out-of-network may also have more areas of specialized training in the treatment of certain conditions (e.g., in Exposure and Response Prevention for the treatment of OCD). In-network coverage may also be limited to a certain number of sessions that are pre-determined by the insurance company, which may impact the breadth of the support you are able to receive.
Here are some helpful questions you can ask your insurance company to find out more information regarding coverage:
- What are my mental health insurance benefits?
- Do you cover services for out-of-network providers?
- If I see an out-of-network provider do I have a deductible and how much is it?
- Are there a number of sessions per year that are covered by insurance?
- What is the amount per therapy session that you will cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the process for submitting claims for reimbursement?
- Are any diagnoses excluded from coverage? Which diagnoses?
- How long will it take for me to receive reimbursement once I submit a claim?
Learn more about the therapy that we offer.